On Tuesday morning around 11 am (while on a conference call) I started having back cramps and contractions. I had the nurse come in around 11:30 or so to give me a shot to stop the contractions and put me on the monitor. For the first time, the shot didn't do anything, so we tried another one... still nothing. They rolled me to labor & delivery to try a magnesium drip to see if that would stop the contractions, but before they hooked me up they checked my cervix to see if I had dilated anymore since my sono that morning when I was at 4 cm. I had dilated 3 more cm and was at a 7 by 1 pm... a little too late to stop the contractions at that point. They went ahead and started prepping me for my C-section as my sweet mom called my hubby to tell him to HURRY UP! Trip walked into the OR at 1:49 pm and miss Linley made her debute at 1:52 pm with mister Caden following at 1:53 pm.
Linley Grace Emery born at 1:52 pm July 6, 2010; 3 lbs 7 oz and 15" long
Caden Ryan Emery born at 1:53 pm July 6, 2010; 3 lbs 13 oz and 16.5" long
They are both doing great, breathing on their own room air... they do have feeding tubes and will for a couple weeks until they are far enough along in their development to be able to eat on their own. They will also have an IV for another week or so for fluids. They are off antibiotics and had their food increased today since they are doing so well.
I will be discharged on Saturday and then will make the trek to the hospital every day to see them until they are ready to come home!
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep our beautiful babies in your prayers as they grow and develop over the next several weeks!















5 comments:
congratulations Nicole! WOW! reading this bring back SUCH memories for me! I will be praying for you as you leave them in the hospital, and go up everyday to see them. So proud of you! That last picture of Linley looks just like a picture we have of Atley with the tape on her cheek, sweet preemie tiny perfect face. Sounds like they are doing great! Before you know it they'll be home. Lots of love!
Shelly
What perfect little ones! You look great, too! I can't wait to meet them!!! I'll definitely have to dump mine and come up to see you once you are all home and ready for me :)
Congratulations!! What beauties! I hope you are feeling well and healing nicely from your surgery! And I hope they get to go home soon!
Lydia
Who looks that skinny after having 2 babies!?! Only Nicole! I am so happy for you all - I am almost in tears. I am praying for you and your little ones.
Congratulations Nicole and Trip. Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!!! and I am so jealous and how gorgeous you, Nicole. I always looked like I had been beat by the nurses after I gave birth!! We are praying for Caden and Linley's quick growth and development so they can come home soon. Much love and blessings..Robbye Flynn
Post a Comment