A lot of you are aware that we were admitted to the hospital on Monday for strict bed rest, for those who don't know the story here is a quick update.
Sunday I was feeling a bit off and Monday morning I woke up with contractions and abdominal/back cramps. I took my contraction medicine, drank lots of water and then called my perinatologist to move my scheduled appointment for that day up a couple hours. When we got to the office we got good and bad news... first the good news, Caden is 3 lbs 11 oz (well into the upper 75 -100 percentile for their gestational age) and Linley is 3 lbs 4 oz (right on target). Now for the bad news, he went to check my cervical length and low and behold it no longer exists, just a nice black space where the cervix should be. I am currently dilated to 1.7 cm and unfortunately, Linley's amniotic sac (who apparently wants to make her debute early) is hanging down about 1 cm through the dilated cervix. None-the-less we were immediate admitted to the hospital. I have been given antibotics and steriods for the babies lungs just in case they decide to come early. Luckily, we haven't had any contractions and my water hasn't broken. If we make it through the next 3 weeks (we will be 34 weeks at that point) my doctor will release me to go home on bed rest for a week and then at 35 weeks I will be off bed rest as the babies are good to go from 35 weeks on. So keep praying we make it to 35 weeks, it gives us a 92% chance that neither Caden or Linley will have to be in the NICU. Right now babies are doing great, we get a fetal non-stress test twice a day to check their heart rates and they are looking fantastic.
Below are the new sono pics of our sweet babies...
Caden's profile...
Miss Linley's profile
Here is a quick preview of my Dallas couple's shower pictures...
Kelli, Lauren, Patia, Courtney and Shelley (and of course me)


4 comments:
nicole, i'll be praying! i REALLY do understand how you feel, crazy you are in such the same situation i was! At this point they would be good NICU babies, but we'll be praying they DON'T need to go there! Lots of love,
Praying for you!
Awww man...that stinks that you have to do hospital bedrest. I know from my 6 week stay, it isn't much fun. Also wanted to tell you that my water broke at 26 weeks but we were able to hold off delivering for an additional 2 weeks (up until then I always thought that your water breaking meant "game over"!). Praying that those babies stay put for a few more weeks and that their NICU stay, if any is short and sweet!
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!
Post a Comment