Monday, March 14, 2011

Dallas Arboretum... so ready for spring!

On Sunday, we ventured out with Emme & Poppy for a fun filled day that included a trip to Matt's Ranchero and the Dallas Arboretum.  This is only the 3rd time we have taken them to a restaurant with us since our El Fenix disaster before Christmas and right on cue Linley started to cry as soon as the food arrived.  Was Caden upset, no, he just sat contently in his car seat and played with his toys.  Linley is only content if her mommy is working while eating.  So I stood up and rocked her in her car seat while I picked at my food with the other hand.  All I have to say is "Linley Grace, really?"

We had a great time and even though it was cloudy the weather ended up being perfect!  If I had done a little research I would have discovered that Dallas Blooms was going on this weekend and a lot of people had the same idea we did.  The kiddos actually did really well even with a few breakdowns from Linley Grace who doesn't nap well when we are not at home.  They both fell asleep on the drive and took a second nap when we got home.

Poor baby boy has a boo boo on his forehead, mommy
accidentally let him jump out of her arms on Saturday night
and hit the coffee table.


Linley Grace loved walking in the grass, she was all about the soft, cushiness.  Caden on the other hand was very concerned about this "stuff" we put him down in, I could just imagine him thinking "what the heck is this green stuff you put me on?  I don't like it, pick me up, pick me up!"



"Ummm... pick me up?"
"I definitely don't like this cold, squishy, green stuff!"

Happy Baby.
Quick weight up date... Miss Linley Grace is 14 lbs and 10 oz and Caden is 16 lbs 14 oz.  Growing like weeds.  They had their last RSV shots on Thursday, thank goodness.  Now, only their check up shots left!


2 comments:

Stagner Family said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Caden's bump doesn't look as bad as we first thought... Such a tough guy!

juju designs said...

They are too cute! I can't wait to go to Arboretum soon!